This page will be used to post links to articles about Occupy that are of general interest. Initially, just a list, most recently posted on top. Eventually, an organized list.
Some of the material posted here has previously been sent to the listserv and generated responses. These are indicated by “Archived.” If you are a subscriber, you can see the responses by going to the listserv archives, clicking on the month the article was posted, and using the date shown to find the article. You might have to use the arrows to access the right date. Click on “thread” to display responses grouped with the article.
- Jonathan Klate: Divide, Distract, and Conquer (Gazette op-ed 2/6/12)
- Martha Coakley: Keeping Banks Accountable (Gazette op-ed 12/19/11)
- Bill Moyers: Why ‘we the people’ must triumph over corporate power from: War in Context: http://warincontext.org
- FDR’s Second Bill of Rights, mentioned by Stan in the 12/28 GA. Also a 2-minute YouTube video.
- (Archived, Amy Mittelman, 12/14/2011): This is a really interesting article about Occupy and building a movement. Don’t ‘Occupy the Democratic Party’ — Four Lessons From the Populist Movement
- (Archived, Ben Grosscup, 12/06/2011): Why the movement shouldn’t #OccupyXmas #OccupyXmas is trapped in a consumerist framework it condemns, says Eric Ruder.
- Quick guide on group dynamics in people’s assemblies. A highly recommended read on group dynamics and consensus decision making. The strategies outlined here will help make our General Assemblies run smoother.